*** This position is funded by the Canada Summer Job Grant and will last 8weeks.
Position: Administrative Assistant (Marketing Department)
Location: London, ON
Job Type: Full-time/Temporary
Number of Weeks: 8 (possible extension and part-time work in Fall)
Hourly Rate: $17.00
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization that is committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment, where employees can make a positive impact on their local community while also developing their skills and career.
Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for growth and development. Goodwill is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International. Our commitment to the environment is an imperative as we strive for ‘zero waste’ and innovate to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you.
- Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
- Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
- Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Working at Goodwill includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Skills Training, Scholarships, Credentialing and Access to Education
- Exciting Career Opportunities
- Access to Training and Career Advancement
- Wellness and Employee Coach Programs
- Work-Life Balance and flexibility in scheduling
- Respectful, Fun and Supportive Team
- Diverse, Dynamic Culture
- Mission-Driven Organization committed to the Power of Work
- Life Coaching and Wellness Support to Assist Employee’s Life & Family in Tough Times.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Administrative Assistant will assist Goodwill’s Marketing Team and its efforts to support mission and business across the Organization.
This Summer position will appeal to a candidate who is passionate about administrative work, able to quickly learn new technologies, and is excited to work for a non-profit that supports people, planet and community.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Goodwill’s Marketing team; including, helping with mail, deliveries, data entry, and customer service
- Help prioritize support requests that come into the department from various locations and platforms
- Support Goodwill’s voucher program by distributing, logging, sorting, and scanning vouchers
- Answer incoming emails from Goodwill’s website –using base templates and customizing for replies or forwarding to appropriate team members or departments
- Receiving marketing requests for signage and materials, packing orders, and mailing to Goodwill locations across the Province
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail and deliveries for the Marketing department
- Packaging and delivering outgoing mail for the Marketing department
- 1 to 3 years’ administrative experience is preferred
- Post-secondary diploma (or current enrolment) in Office Administration, Business Administration, or another Administrative program is considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.) is considered an asset
- Access to a vehicle and holding a valid Ontario driver’s license and insurance is considered an asset
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment. Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.