Goodwill is hiring! If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to improving the lives of others and projected for future growth, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is the place for you. We are seeking a highly motivated Community Store Assistant Manager who is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the day-to-day running of the Donated Goods retail store.
Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is a leading non-profit organization committed to changing lives and communities through the power of work. Our organization values diversity, equity, and inclusivity, and we strive to create a workplace that is welcoming and respectful to all. Headquartered in London, Ontario, Goodwill Industries, Ontario Great Lakes is one of five separately incorporated regional Goodwill’s in Canada and one of 150 internationally. Now one of the largest territories following the adoption of the Toronto regional territory and the merger with Goodwill Essex, Kent, Lambton, Goodwill Ontario Great Lakes (Goodwill) currently employs approximately 1,200 people and is positioned for significant growth.
Changing Lives and communities through the power of WORK.
Everyone working and thriving in sustainable communities.
Inclusion | Compassion | Aspiring Workforce | Respect | Empathy
Benefits of Working at Goodwill include:
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Skills training, scholarships and access to educational credentials.
- Exciting career opportunities.
- Access to training and career advancement.
- Work-life balance and flexibility in scheduling.
- Respectful, fun and supportive team.
- Diverse, dynamic culture.
- Mission-driven organization committed to the Power of Work.
- Life coaching and wellness support to assist with employee’s professional and personal life
- Being part of an organization who:
- Is an employer of choice across Southwestern Ontario that meets the Federal Government’s 50/30 challenge for diversity in leadership and is accredited through CARF International
- Is committed to the environment is an imperative striving for ‘zero waste’ and innovation to repurpose and recycle donated textiles to keep them out of landfill.
- Manage Accounts Payable with proper approvals, enter invoices, cheque requisitions, issue payments and reporting, create and process recurring entries
- Manage Accounts Receivable, including billing, collections, banking, reporting plus process credit card payments from customers
- Prepare weekly payment plans, create payment batches for approval
- Reconcile and process monthly credit card statements
- Manage and process Capital asset expenses, invoices in accordance with approved capital projects
- Process monthly and other US invoices and prepare wire transfers
- Process monthly staff expenses
- Process monthly WFD employer incentives, client support payments and Passport program invoices
- Process WFD Stipend client payments
- Calculate, prepare, and issue documents or payments related to accounts such as bills, invoices, account statements, excise tax, benefit withdrawals, WSIB
- Manage and review assigned monthly and year-end working paper files, prepare journal entries and accruals
- Generate and distribute monthly financial reports and statements
What Requirements You Would Need:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years working experience in accounting required
- Understanding of fixed assets accounting
- Experience in ERP systems; Sage 300 is preferred
Goodwill Industries is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported; we welcome newcomers to the region to apply. We are dedicated to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member can reach their full potential. Upon request, accommodations during the recruitment process are available.