We need YOU to help our community experience Goodwill's Mission
Many people are not aware that we keep tons of stuff out of landfills each year by recycling and selling donated goods. Then, we use the proceeds from the sales to provide job training and services to people who face barriers to employment. We believe that strong communities are made up of individuals whose dignity is affirmed by meaningful work. The more people donate, shop, and volunteer for Goodwill, the stronger our community will be!
Please consider sharing YOUR talent and a bit of your time!
Don't worry, we have fun and interesting volunteer positions for outgoing talkers, and behind the scenes doers.
Here are the 5 positions available:
Greeter at the Regional Headquarters - a smiling face and a helping hand.
Corporate Care Giver - a dependable, one-on-one relationship
- You will take responsibility for maintaining an ongoing, personalized relationship with a business or organization that has an "Onsite Donation Bin". Once or twice a month, you will drive the contents of the Bin, to the nearest Goodwill Donation Centre. (Click here for more details about the position)
Tour Guide - a leader with fun and flare
- You will lead fun and informative tours of our new, state of the art, regional headquarters. You can choose to lead school aged children, teens, or adult groups. Share your personality and creativity as you draw the public into the heart of Goodwill's mission. (Click here for more details about the position)
Professional Talent Pool - teach a person to fish
- Let us know how your professional talents can assist us with our mission of promoting dignity and independence through meaningful work. Share your knowledge to help our clients create more well-being in their lives. We're open to creative ideas! (Click here for more details)
What's in it for you?
We are deeply grateful for your voluntary generosity.
- We view our relationship with you as a mutually beneficial exchange, not a one way act of charity.
- We will work with you to clarify your volunteer goals so that you can achieve that which is deeply important to you.
- We will support you to identify and use your signature strengths within your volunteer role.
To apply for a position, or for more information please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Marie Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org orÂ 519-850-9000 x 2222